Woman Swallows Engagement Ring In Sleep Thinking It Was All A Dream

Here’s one more reason not to go to bed on an empty stomach.

A California woman who dreamed of swallowing her engagement ring says she woke up to discover it had actually happened ― leaving her in need of an emergency medical procedure to extract the sparkly morsel.

Jenna Evans of San Diego was sleepwalking on Tuesday night when she said she swallowed her 2.4-carat diamond after dreaming that she was on a high-speed train and the only way to protect her ring from approaching “bad guys” was to swallow it.

This diamond engagement ring was removed from a California woman's stomach last week after she said she swallowed it while sl



ABC 10

This diamond engagement ring was removed from a California woman’s stomach last week after she said she swallowed it while sleepwalking.

“So I popped that sucker off, put it in my mouth and swallowed it with a glass of water,” Evans wrote in a now-viral Facebook post that detailed the bizarre incident.

She said she started to come to and realize what she was doing, but then, “I assumed this too was a dream, because WHO ACTUALLY SWALLOWS THEIR ENGAGEMENT RING, so I went back to sleep.”

“I have a lot of strange dreams,” Evans told NBC 7 San Diego of her late-night swallowing act. She added that she has a history of sleepwalking and even doing laundry in her sleep, though she said she had never eaten anything in her sleep, until now.

When she woke up the next morning, Evans said she noticed her engagement ring missing from her finger and alerted her fiance, Bobby, who appeared skeptical at first.

“I don’t think he believed me right away. We laughed pretty hard for about an hour and a half, called my mom, laughed until we were crying,” she said on Facebook.

The couple then went to an urgent care clinic where an X-ray of her stomach confirmed the lost jewel’s location. Doctors there then referred her to a gastroenterologist who advised that she have an emergency upper endoscopy performed to retrieve it, opposed to relying upon her body to naturally expel it.

Jenna Evans said she was dreaming about being on a high-speed train and having to swallow her ring to prevent some "bad guys"



ABC 10

Jenna Evans said she was dreaming about being on a high-speed train and having to swallow her ring to prevent some “bad guys” from stealing it from her.

“I was really happy because I don’t know if I can look at it and appreciate it in the same way if I had to ‘search’ for it,” she told San Diego station WAVY of that No. 2 method of retrieval. “I feel very grateful that I got it back and that it does end as a happy, funny story,” she added.

As for her ring, Evans said her fiance has since given it back to her to wear and that she doesn’t expect that it will happen again.

“I hopefully will only achieve such greatness once,” she joked to NBC 7.

Jaywalker Gets An Immediate Lesson In Karma After Staring Down A Car

Why did the jaywalker cross the road? To get hit with some karma on the other side. 

A new compilation clip posted on a YouTube channel dedicated to driver fails shows a number of hazards on the highways. But one moment getting attention on digg focuses not so much on a dreadful driver as a poor pedestrian. In this case, it’s a jaywalker who appears to glare at a stopped motorist as he crosses the road.

He made it to the other side safely, but encountered a problem on the sidewalk in this GIF-worthy moment: 

The footage was captured over the summer in Hamilton, a Canadian city about 40 miles from Toronto.

Sweden Rejects Man Who Wants TRUMP License Plate

He Has 9 Billion Dollars

Launching his Presidential bid last June, Donald Trump held up his financial statement to prove <a href=”https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/digger/wp/2015/06/19/you-may-not-take-donald-trumps-candidacy-seriously-but-take-another-look-at-his-real-estate-business/” target=”_blank”>he had assets worth a total of $9 billion.</a>
<br><br>
In a tasteless boast, Trump went on to reveal he refused a bank’s loan of $4bn. <a href=”https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/digger/wp/2015/06/19/you-may-not-take-donald-trumps-candidacy-seriously-but-take-another-look-at-his-real-estate-business/” target=”_blank”>He said:</a> “I don’t need it. I don’t want it. And I’ve been there.”
<br><br>
While millions of Americans continue to suffer the effects of sluggish economic growth, Trump is blissfully unaffected. Well, that’s how he makes it sound.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

MoviePass is dead (for real this time)

MoviePass, the once uber-popular movie subscription service, is shutting down. For real.

In a press release published on Friday and first noticed by CNBC, Helios and Matheson Analytics — MoviePass’ parent company — announced the shutdown of the service. Subscriptions will cease to work on Saturday.

“MoviePass notified its subscribers that it would be interrupting the MoviePass service for all its subscribers effective September 14, 2019, because its efforts to recapitalize MoviePass have not been successful to date,” says the statement. “The Company is unable to predict if or when the MoviePass service will continue.”

In addition to the demise of the service, the company’s board of directors has formed a strategic review committee in order to explore the sale of its assets, which include MoviePass, its film production arm MoviePass Films, and Moviefone. MoviePass had acquired Moviefone, the internet staple movie showtime and ticketing website, just last year.

MoviePass launched in 2011 offering a monthly $50 subscription to tickets for an unlimited number of movies playing in theaters. The company experimented with lower prices for years before finally blowing up in the summer of 2017 when it found the sweet spot for customers: unlimited movies for $9.95 a month.

With its new pricing model, MoviePass grew exponentially, peaking at around 3 million subscribers. Its growth became overwhelming for a company that was burning cash, mostly because its business model required it to actually buy each customer’s $8 to $15 movie ticket at cost. MoviePass tried data collection practices to bring in revenue, as well as rolling out controversial limits like surge pricing, to no avail. It didn’t help that movie theater chains like AMC Theaters hated the service and for a time would not accept MoviePass cards as payment.

Over the past two years, MoviePass has seemingly died a half dozen different times but always came back. However, the company is also now dealing with lawsuits, an investigation by the New York Attorney General, and data leaks. The company’s money issues and overall shady practices persisted as well.

Earlier this year, MoviePass’ main independent competitor, Sinemia, abruptly shut down as well, proving perhaps that the business model of unlimited movie tickets just doesn’t work. That is, unless you’re also running the movie theater that’s selling the tickets. Forced to roll out similar services due to the popularity of MoviePass at its height, theaters like AMC and Regal Cinemas still run their own monthly subscription plans. In the end, maybe that will be MoviePass’ lasting legacy.

So tomorrow, September 14, after watching it die a thousand deaths and be carried around each time like a scene out of Weekend at Bernie’s, we bury the zombie corpse of MoviePass once and for all. Maybe.

Uploads%252fvideo uploaders%252fdistribution thumb%252fimage%252f86387%252f0820f233 c47b 4e6b b98b 695b7c3ed8b4.png%252foriginal.png?signature=jwgevru2dxwdl8bfdh dfgmglsq=&source=https%3a%2f%2fblueprint api production.s3.amazonaws

Motorcyclist Stops Traffic To Save Cute Kitten From Busy Road

There’s a clever play on words about this adorable ginger kitten losing one of its nine lives that could be written here.

But this story is more about a hero motorcyclist who saved the cute kitty from the middle of a busy road in Mons, Belgium, last month.

The man spots the kitten, quickly stops his bike and runs to its rescue in a video that’s going viral this week. The man, helped by a car driver who also stopped to help, waves away an oncoming vehicle and then lifts the kitten from the roadway to safety.

The helmet camera footage then cuts out, so it’s unclear what happened to the kitten next.

Check out the video above.

PewDiePie cancels huge ADL donation because his fans didn’t like it

Controversial YouTube megastar PewDiePie has announced he’s canceling plans to donate $50,000 to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) due to fan backlash.

The YouTuber had first announced the donation in a video posted on Tuesday. However, in a video posted just two days later on Thursday, the prominent YouTube Creator backtracked.

“I made the mistake of picking a charity that I was advised to instead of picking a charity that I’m personally passionate about,” he said, also claiming he didn’t know too much about the organization until he heard from his outraged fans.

According to PewDiePie in a now-deleted statement, the original intent of his $50,000 donation to the ADL, an organization that tracks anti-Semitism and other hate speech, was to put his past behind him. He specifically mentioned the Christchurch shooter, a white supremacist who told his livestream viewers to “subscribe to PewDiePie” immediately before going on a mass shooting spree that left 51 people dead at two mosques.

Upon announcing the donation, the YouTube Creator was immediately met with backlash from his fanbase. Conspiracies that he was being “forced” to donate to the ADL, an organization which has criticized PewDiePie for instances of anti-Semitism in the past, quickly spread. (It should be noted that there are good critiques of the ADL as an organization. PewDiePie’s angry supporters were not making these points. Many of the most outraged fans traded in anti-Semitic slurs and tropes themselves.) 

The reaction to the planned donation became so out of hand that a moderator of the popular PewDiePie subreddit had to post an announcement dispelling the rumors that the creator was being “blackmailed or extorted” to make the donations. The mod also pointed to a 4chan campaign that was explicitly trying to rile PewDiePie fans up over the ADL donation.

PewDiePie, also known by his real name, Felix Kjellberg, runs the second channel to ever hit 100 million subscribers (and is the first solo creator to do so). He is no stranger to scandals. Instances of racism, such as the time he used the n-word during a livestream, have previously found Kjellberg in hot water. In 2017, the Wall Street Journal uncovered repeated instances of anti-Semitism throughout PewDiePie’s videos. Perhaps one of the most infamous of PewDiePie’s scandals involved hiring a pair of Fiverr users in India to hold up a sign that read “Death to all Jews.” He and his supporters long defended these as jokes. One of the more recent instances was just late last year when PewDiePie promoted an anti-Semitic YouTube channel to his enormous fanbase.

YouTube had recently sent PewDiePie a special award for the accomplishment of hitting 100 million subscribers known as the “Red Diamond Award.” This physical prize created by the Google-owned company has only been sent to one other channel before, T-Series, an India-based record label that PewDiePie feuded with over the past year in a race to become the first to reach 100 million subscribers. T-Series won, but PewDiePie followed closely behind.

In fact, PewDiePie first made his announcement to donate to the ADL in an unboxing video featuring the Red Diamond Award.

With the cancelation of his ADL donation, it appears that PewDiePie is just giving in to a loud minority of his subscribers. As it’s been pointed out online, public YouTube stats trackers like SocialBlade show that the internet star has not faced any sort of boycott from his fans. His subscriber numbers continue to grow, and his view counts remain unaffected. With more than 101 million subscribers currently, it’s hard to imagine his channel taking a hit if even his most outraged anti-Semitic apologist fans unsubscribed in unison. 

Despite the conspiracies that PewDiePie was being “forced” to make the donation, it’s nearly impossible to find another creator with the freedom Kjellberg has. He runs his own channel. It’s his business. He is his own boss. His popularity has withstood canceled business dealings with Disney, YouTube, and video game developers. Judging by metrics, he is the most popular person on all of YouTube.

In the end, perhaps this latest ridiculous PewDiePie controversy provides at least one important lesson: backtracking on a donation to the ADL meant to move past your previous instances of anti-Semitism because your most racist fans got mad at you doesn’t seem to be the best way to move past your previous instances of anti-Semitism.

Uploads%252fvideo uploaders%252fdistribution thumb%252fimage%252f92614%252f0d271177 d0f5 4b65 9202 2594e25bfe84.png%252foriginal.png?signature=gmuqghowly4zji2jpbnhxeakxdu=&source=https%3a%2f%2fblueprint api production.s3.amazonaws

Watch Boris Johnson Get Told Off To His Face In The Most British Way Possible

The man who greeted British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was all smiles as the two shook hands.

He leaned in to talk to the beleaguered prime minister in what certainly looked like a friendly way. The four simple words he spoke were anything but.

“Please leave my town,” the unnamed man said on Monday as he shook hands with Johnson. 

The man in the video then patted the prime minister on the back and the two went their separate ways in this now-viral moment shared on Twitter: 

The incident also caused #PleaseLeaveMyTown to take off on Twitter as Johnson critics celebrated the moment: 

This is why the iPhone 11 doesn’t have 5G

It’s not called the “iCamera,” but Apple spent zero time talking about how its brand-new iPhones, the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, work as, you know, phones.

As other smartphone makers race towards 5G, Apple is holding back. There are both sensible business reasons and Apple-specific reasons for doing so.

5G right now is a mess. The only US-compatible 5G chipset ready for a fall launch is the Qualcomm X50. It’s in all of the existing 5G phones, but it doesn’t “just work” the way Apple wants its devices to work. It isn’t compatible with the US carriers’ upcoming multi-band networks, and it appears to make devices overheat in the summer. The antenna modules for the early 5G networks are also finicky at best.

Apple could have gone the route of many other phone makers and released a mid-band-only 5G phone, which would be broadly usable in Europe and China but only work on Sprint in the US, but Apple would never drive AT&T and Verizon, or their subscribers, nuts in that way. Even more than for other manufacturers, the US is Apple’s core market, and Apple wants to keep us happy.

The other factor is that all these 5G chips come from Qualcomm. Apple just settled a long-running battle with Qualcomm, made peace and agreed to a six-year deal which included several years of agreeing to buy Qualcomm’s modems again. That agreement came too late for these phones, though, so Apple is left using the final generation of 4G modems made by Intel before Intel ditched the 5G modem business and Apple hired most of its staff.

The dual camera of the new iPhone 11 models

The dual camera of the new iPhone 11 models

Image: Apple

Wait, you ask—if Apple hired Intel’s staff, why doesn’t it just go ahead and make its own modems, the way it makes its own processors? Patience, grasshopper; the company certainly intends to do that, but a few years from now, so it’s made a supply agreement with Qualcomm in the interim. Observers generally expect to see Apple’s modems starting in 2022 or 2023.

Analyst Patrick Moorhead points out that the lack of a 5G modem will hurt sales in China, but between the collapse of Intel’s modem business, the new agreement with Qualcomm, and Apple wanting to release a 5G device worldwide at the same time, Apple is just going to take the hit there.

That will shake out by late 2020. At that point we’ll likely have the next-generation Qualcomm modem, which will support all four carriers’ short-range and long-range 5G networks. We’ll also have much broader buildouts, so people can actually use their phones on 5G. Then Apple will swoop in with what I’m sure they’ll say will be the first good 5G phone ever, starring Qualcomm’s latest kit.

No 5G? So How’s the 4G?

I’m almost certain the new iPhones use Intel’s XMM 7660 4G modem, although that’s going to have to wait for teardowns.

So what does that get you, in terms of connections?

According to Apple, the iPhone 11 Pro has “gigabit class LTE with 4×4 MIMO and LAA” but also “faster gigabit-class LTE” than the iPhone XS. According to Intel, that means boosting the number of lanes of spectrum it can combine from five to seven.

That’s similar to the move we’ve seen between devices with the Qualcomm X20 and X24 modems, like the move between the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S10 generations. The iPhone XS Max had about the same LTE performance as the Galaxy S9+, according to data from Speedtest Intelligence. If the iPhone 11 Pro jumps up to the Galaxy S10+’s level, that means it’s going to see more than a 20 percent jump in average US LTE speeds over the XS and XS Max.

The iPhone 11, meanwhile, has “gigabit-class LTE with 2×2 MIMO and LAA.” The lack of 4×4 MIMO means performance will be slower than on the more expensive phone. Using Speedtest Intelligence, I found that there’s about a 20 percent difference in average speeds between the iPhone XR (with 2×2 MIMO) and iPhone XS (with 4×4) … so it’s likely that the iPhone 11 will be at least 20 percent slower than the iPhone 11 Pro.

All of the phones will support the EVS codec for the best possible voice quality, but that’s par for the course with flagship phones nowadays, and has been on iPhones since the iPhone 8 series.

Apple gives some more details on its product pages.

The iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max still come in three different models each: one for the US and Canada, one for China, and one for everywhere else. The primary difference is that the “US” model supports LTE band 14, AT&T’s FirstNet band for government employees, and band 71, T-Mobile’s long-range band; the “everywhere else” model doesn’t have those but supports LTE band 28, a low-frequency LTE band used commonly in Europe.

CBRS support is new in this year’s models. That’s a set of new LTE bands Verizon has said it will be using to provide additional capacity in crowded areas, so if you regularly travel through dense urban locations where connections feel sluggish because too many people are using them, this might help.

All three models also support dual SIM, with one physical nano-SIM and one eSIM. The phone’s primary line can be from any carrier; in the US, the secondary line can be from AT&T, T-Mobile, Truphone, or Verizon. (Apple has a full list of its eSIM carriers on its website.)

More details are going to come out through teardowns and testing. But it’s safe to say that this year’s models are incremental, not radical improvements over iPhone XS and XS Max performance. The radical new iPhone is coming in 2020.

Uploads%252fvideo uploaders%252fdistribution thumb%252fimage%252f92632%252f88e2c1f6 6da3 45d2 aedb 76235bc9d1c8.png%252foriginal.png?signature=2s61waafvv7m0mfn9n0adhuhkgk=&source=https%3a%2f%2fblueprint api production.s3.amazonaws

This article originally published at PCMag
here